[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Fwd: A message from the Chancellor regarding ...

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Sat Aug 31 18:36:27 CDT 2002

Thanks for the suggestion. Done!!!

Subj:   9/11/01 events
Date:   8/31/02 6:34:36 PM Central Daylight Time
From:   Dlind49
To: chancellor at uiuc.edu

Dr. Cantor: I understand that you are planning a remembrance / commemoration
event regarding the events of September 1, 2001. I wonder if you will
consider the other casualties within this nation and around the world?  The
events that caused these health and environmental effects are well documented
and have been discussed at local, state, national and international
government levels, within the news, and at many conferences and published. We
have also discussed these many times at the UIUC over the years. The
questions that I wish considered are:

1. What about the thousands or actually millions of men, women, and children
who are sick or dead because of willful U.S. military actions and the
arrogant and deliberate refusal to provide medical care and complete
environmental remediation not only within the United States, including C-U
and Champaign County, itself but all around the world?
2. Will they be represented?
3. Will they be remembered?
4. Will action to alleviate these adverse health and environmental effects be
discussed and demanded?

A Prayer for Peace
D. Rokke

God provide me the wisdom and courage to do what is right for your children
on earth.  Walk beside me and guide me as I try to do what I perceive is your
will.  Allow me to see beyond today and into tomorrow so that I may make wise
choices and not disturb your master plan. Shield me from harm under the
shelter of your grace. But gently rebuke me and pull me back to your
teachings if I cause harm. Provide me the gift of vision and wisdom so that I
may determine proper courses of action.  While all those around me cry for
war instead of peace remind me that "The meek shall inherit the earth" and
"Blessed are the Peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God!"
Please light my path with a rainbow and sky full of stars so that even during
the darkest hours I may see the illumination of your divine soul so that I my
journey may end with peace and love.  For I may need reminding that "Peace
begins with me" and that if peace is to prevail then I must be a peacemaker
and speak out.  For although you provide guidance and a path to follow it is
my choice. I pray that you allow me to act with wisdom and faith. Faith that
allows me to choose and advocate peace. Peace for all peoples and nations.  I
ASK THIS IN YOUR NAME.  AMEN.

"forever orange and blue through and through"

dr. doug rokke
643-6205