[Peace-discuss] Peace Carol

patton paul ppatton at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Sun Dec 8 13:24:24 CST 2002

This is to the tune of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", which I always
thought sounded a bit Orwellian anyway :).

John Poindexter is Spying on You

He's making a database,
Checking it twice,
Gonna find out who's naughty or nice.
John Poindexter is spying on you!

He knows who you send e-mail,
He knows whatever you buy,
and if you take an air-o-plane,
He knows where and when you fly.

So, you better speak out,
stand up for your rights,
Big Brother isn't far away
John Poindexter is spying on you!

John Poindexter was named by the Bush Administration to head the Office of
Information Awareness, charged with compiling a vast database of
information about American citizens and others.  His disrespect for the
constitution and democracy was demonstrated during the Iran-Contra
scandal, in which he was convicted of lying to Congress and destroying
evidence.  Further additions or improvements to the lyrics are welcome.

Dr. Paul Patton
Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Beckman Institute  Rm 3027  405 N. Mathews St.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign  Urbana, Illinois 61801
work phone: (217)-265-0795   fax: (217)-244-5180
home phone: (217)-328-4064
homepage: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ppatton/index.html

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.  It is the
source of all true art and science."
-Albert Einstein