[Peace-discuss] the kids

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Fri Dec 13 21:18:28 CST 2002

Denver students protest war
posted by Web Producer Jeannie Piper, and Web Producer Paola Farer  December
13, 2002 - 4:43 PM

DENVER - Some Denver area high school students made their feelings known
Friday about the possibility of a war with Iraq.

Around 10:30 a.m., students at North High School walked out of class to
protest the war that President Bush is threatening to wage. They held signs
and banners, as they lined the streets outside the school.

Several other students at Denver schools walked out at the same time.

The protest was organized by a group of seniors at Escuela Tlatelolco Centro
De Estudios.

The Bush administration maintains that war might be necessary to prevent Iraq
from launching weapons of mass destruction. The president and his advisors
say that Iraq has the weapons and has programs to build more. "We know that
from previous inspections,” a State Department spokesman said Friday. “We
know that from our own information. We know that from what Iraq has bought in
recent years."(The Associated Press contributed to this report. Copyright
2002 by 9NEWS KUSA-TV. All Rights Reserved)