[Peace-discuss] nuclear threat reduction questioky

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Fri Dec 20 08:57:42 CST 2002

Ricky, Margaret, and all: Limiting nuclear proliferation is absolutely
essential. But this is all about making $$$ and has nothing to do with ethics
or peace. Those individuals who have access will sell, trade, or give away
the knowledge for $$ and political gain or control. THEY DO NOT CARE! The
U.S. has been and continues to be the greatest distributor of nuclear
technology, components, and knowledge. We gave or sold Iraq, Israel. N.K.,
and others most their knowledge and equipment. The Soviets got theirs from us
and the Brit's too! That includes weapon design, weapon operation, and
weapons use.   Security at our weapons labs has been and remains extremely
lax to say the least. Access to labs, super computers, test sites, and
information is and has been too easy to achieve. Right now computers with
critical information are missing as are documents. We even brought lots of
foreign military officers and scientists to our labs to teach them all about
design and use of weapons. While I was on the staff as DU project director,
as a military officer, and then when I became Director of the Bradley Labs,
as a civilian, we had too many foreign officers and scientists who went
through the tactical nuc and technical nuc courses. I yelled and screamed
trying to stop the hemorrhage to no avail! We also took too many U.S.
citizens, military and civilians, through the courses who should have never
have been given any access at all. Nuclear or any weapons proliferation is a
massive problem and as long as $$ are involved nothing will change. But this
goes for all weapons both conventional and non-conventional. Those of us who
seek peace on earth and arms control use logic, ethics, morality, and peace
on earth the support our efforts and justify our goals.  However, we are
dealing with individuals in control who have no conscious and who do not care
about peace!  I was reminded of that fact this week by one of the senior
former LL scientists who cares and desires peace and real arms control.
That is why we are frustrated and our efforts have failed. We need to work
together to take knowledge to the people, citizens of the world, so they
finally say "NO MORE!"

doug