[Peace-discuss] My absence

Barbara Dyskant bdyskant at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 19 23:45:59 CST 2002

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know I'm still here and still thinking a lot of you at
A.W.A.R.E..   Situations with family and economics have kept me from being
able to attend meetings as much as I had, over the last month or so.  I'm
still trying to stay active, although I don't get to everything.   In
addition to coordinating our efforts and getting work done, I selfishly
miss our meetings because you folks are such wonderful support-- it can get
isolating, as we all know, without other people around who question the
"authorities".   I've been talking with strangers and acquaintances, about
the war, civil liberties, etc. --  a "real replay" of the role-playing we
did a while ago.  It seems to me that people are far more receptive to
questioning the president's policies now they they were in October.

Well,  that's just a note of explanation-- hopefully I'll be able to make
it to tomorrow's meeting.

Warmly,
Barbara