[Peace-discuss] Fwd: WAR-FILM ‘HERO' IS A RAPIST ... more on Black Hawk Down

Margaret E. Kosal nerdgirl at s.scs.uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 25 10:58:57 CST 2002

Additional information w/r/t _Black Hawk Down_ and the Pentagon's influence
on the script that constitutes the film.

The real-life Army Ranger portrayed as the 'all-American-hero' was also
court-martialed and convicted of raping and sodomizing a child under the
age of 12.

There are so many levels & entanglements on which one could speculate -
long-term effect of Army Ranger training/indoctrination, evidence of
feelings/assumptions of (patriarchal military-reinforced) entitlement,
revisionist history for war-time propaganda, children viewed as property,
limits of acceptable 'titillating' behavior ... Gary Condit's sexual
indiscretions are reported widely but this isn't ... ?

Regards,
Margaret