[Peace-discuss] Tim Johnson letter

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 31 13:18:12 CST 2002

Ricky--

Your reply to the wretched Johnson is excellent.  I'm appending a bit of
smarm from him in today's Daily Illini.  Regards, Carl

	***

The Daily Illini Online
published Thursday, January 31, 2002

Johnson's promise [DI'S TITLE TO THE LETTER]

President George W. Bush has a firm grasp on this country's goals of
worldwide terrorism defeat, homeland security, economic stimulus and job
creation. Tuesday night, he clearly stated that those are areas of
governmental prioritization. Being a Midwest lawmaker, I will continue to
work for economic stimulus and job creation, generally, and especially in
the farm sector.

Expanded world markets and wider use of bio-fuels are two key channels we
can travel to reach that goal. Securing the country's borders and
providing safety and efficiency in Americans' daily lives is also
extremely important.

As the president stated, there are many bills that seek to improve upon
our country's goal that the House of Representatives has passed. I am
extremely eager to see immediate and thorough action on these pieces of
legislation from our colleagues in the Senate chamber. Millions of
Americans depend on and deserve it. Overall, I am certainly proud, yet
humbled by President Bush. He has proven himself a world leader and
certainly a hard-working and honorable man. I look forward to resuming
work in Washington and joining my colleagues who help shape "common sense"
legislation in these and other key issues facing this country.

Tim Johnson
U.S. representative, 15th district

	***