[Peace-discuss] Greens, Carl need help to staff fair booth

Jim Buell jbuell at prairienet.org
Fri Jul 19 06:56:32 CDT 2002

The Prairie Greens and the Estabrook for Congress campaign have gone and
done something very ambitious which should greatly help our efforts to gain
exposure for the party and the campaign. We've signed up to host a booth
throughout the duration of the Champaign County Fair, which runs from TODAY
(Friday, July 19) through Saturday, July 28.

How ambitious? Well, the fair organizers say we should have one or two
people at our booth just about all day, every day. We get two passes for
people to use, and can swap them around to make sure nobody has to pay to
get in to work a shift.

This is some very important exposure. We get to distribute a range of
Green, campaign and other progressive literature, talk with the public, and
be in view for the news media who'll be prowling the grounds. We'll have
Prairie Greens pamphlets, campaign pamphlets and bumper stickers to
distribute, and banners and signs to display. Ideas for further decorations
and literature are welcome, too.

This is only going to work to the extent that we people can volunteer to
staff the booth. As you can see from the preliminary staffing list below,
we've got a ways to go. Please consider signing up for one or more two-hour
shifts over the course of the week, at whatever times are convenient for
you. Contact Geoff Robinson (gdrobins at soltec.net 217.390.8516), recent UI
grad, Prairie Green extraordinaire, and now manager of Estabrook for
Congress, to let him know your availability.

If you know other people who are not on the Prairie Greens lists and who
might like to help out, please share this request with them as well. Folks
can, as always, learn more about the party and the campaign at
www.prairiegreens.org and www.carlforcongress.com.

>Fri 7/19
>10      (11am) Geoff R, Jim B
>12      Geoff R, Jim B
>2       Jim B
>4
>6
>8
>
>Sat 7/20
>10
>12
>2       Carl E
>4
>6
>8
>
>Sun 7/21
>10
>12
>2       Carl E
>4
>6
>8
>
>Mon 7/22
>10      Geoff R
>12      Jim B
>2       Jim B
>4
>6
>8
>
>tue 7/23
>10      Geoff R
>12      Jim B
>2       Jim B
>4
>6       (7pm) JP S
>8       JP S
>
>Wed 7/24
>10      Geoff R
>12
>2
>4
>6
>8
>
>Thu 7/19
>10      Geoff R
>12      Jim B
>2       Jim B
>4
>6
>8
>
>Fri 7/26
>10      Geoff R
>12      Jim B
>2       Jim B
>4
>6
>8
>
>Sat 7/27 (cleanup, youth day)
>Geoff R

Oh, and speaking of ambitious - watch this space for the imminent
announcement of our brand-spanking-new Estabrook for Congress Campaign
Office! (Yup, that'll demand some volunteer staffing too :).)

many thanks,
Jim