[Peace-discuss] WILL-TV

Al Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 24 20:36:29 CDT 2002

I just got a reply to my letter to David Thiel, Program Director at
WILL-TV.  He says that wherever possible they keep editorial control
of  their programs, so they would not be interested in an AWARE show.
And they try to keep their programming free from political influence.
(Sure they do.  All that corporate underwriting can't have any
effect, can it?)  Anyway, they will not be producing a local show
around Sept. 11th, but will air nationally produced shows. One that
he recommends to us will be "Caught in the Crossfire: Arab-Americans
in Wartime."  It will be shown on Thursday, Sept. 5th, 9PM.   How
come they still call this "public television?"

--

Al Kagan
Africana Unit, Room 328

tel. 217-333-6519