[Peace-discuss] June 23 meeting

Michael Walcher solaraycer at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 13:14:14 CDT 2002

I like the opportunity of being able to plan ahead for
a meeting in 2 weeks!

send your ideas to solaraycer at yahoo.com

   I am definitely needing help in making this
meeting/work party a sucess, What i want to come out
of this meeting is defining progress and a organizatin
of AWARE
and have all the contents of AWARE in hand able to
update the website at http://www.anti-war.net
 , with all its details and sub groups being placed
into a folder with a index of AWARE being then copied
and possibly distributed to all those members
interested!

a kinda AWARE Guide

   This idea is something that may develop from the
organizing we do on the 23rd.

   I would like AWARE to propose the development of a
Banner with the website on it, to be used at upcomig
events and making the Awreness we so very much need!
    If anyone knows where hte banner is that i made ,
it disappeared shortly after being made.

I am wondering about the development of a Student
Registered Organization , AWARE, for a greater
presence at the University.

I am currently helping to manage the red herring
vegetarian restaurant and it quite a anti war and
racism kinda place!

 Just as Sandra utilized the unique space with benefit
of kitchen and movie screen , the channing murray
foundation has plenty of opportunity and underutilized
space. ideas welcome!

I have been thinking alot lately of how nice it is to
have this network of Peace churches and organizations
to work with!

Another issue i would like to develop is the idea of
AWARE working more with the Public I , the print
publication of the IMC.

The Public I  is partially sustained by these local
Businesses and organizations

World Harvest International and Gourmet Foods

The Social Equity Group , Financial West

The AFL-CIO of Champaign County

The Union of Professional Employees

    each of these groups has donated a sum of money
and
the list of names is featured on the back page in a
list.

I beleive it is $20 a month for one year, or $240.

I will consult the Public I and bring further info
regarding this possiblity.

   Thus if we choose to sustin the public i we also
have a vested interest in the publication and a
greater chance of getting our articles published due
to our level of interest!

    Also, WEFT has many open slots right now!
If enough interest arises we may be able to get one of
the slots and begin AWARE Radio!

    AWARE TV. It has been mentioned that AWARE TV is
on
hiatus for a while while Kord gets settled in his new
house, therefore maybe we can run some chomsky!

     4th of July Parade:
It looks like we are going to be able to produce a
interesting float for the parade :-)
therefore we should also make sure we document
ourselves and share our trials and tribulations with
other progressive communities, also be able to replay
our fun over and over and over for all to see!

One last thing is the website:

Rosemary has recently given the site a makeover!
if you havent saw it yet, goto http://www.anti-war.net

What we need to do now is include all the different
parts of AWARE that are current and make sure the site
is updated.

Will all those that are the CORE of AWARE begin to
look through the site and send comments and changes to
be made to aware at grex.org

So for the June 23 meeting if we can get all our
"eggs" in one basket and begin to develop a core
folder with core documents of AWARE, i will offer this
organizing for this meeting.

we can also watch this chomsky video desscribing the
usa and all its War. It is in the IMC library ,
currently rented.

sincerely,
Michael Walcher