[Peace-discuss] Re: SF Chronicle-FBI illegally harassed UC professors

pfmueth at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu pfmueth at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 14 09:36:46 CDT 2002

At 11:23 AM -0500 6/10/02, Peter Miller wrote:
>Who thinks we'll hear an apology?  (When the "watch dog press" gets
>on them, I'm sure they'll come around.)
>-Peter
>
>>Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:13:25 -0400 (EDT)
>>Subject: Documents Link FBI to '60s Efforts to Ruin Career of Clark
>>Kerr, Newspaper Reports
>>
>>This article from The Chronicle of Higher Education
>>(http://chronicle.com) was forwarded to you from: peterm at shout.net
>>
>>   Monday, June 10, 2002
>>
>>   Documents Link FBI to '60s Efforts to Ruin Career of Clark
>>   Kerr, Newspaper Reports
>>

>>   The articles and several of the FBI memos can be seen at the
>>   newspaper's Web site.

And quite a bit of other stuff too,
including the brouhaha about this question in the english aptitude
test, it was one of about ten suggested for an essay, The Board of
Regents withdrew it and apologized for its ever being included.. .
"What are the dangers to a democracy of a national police
organization, like the FBI, which operates secretly and is
unresponsive to public criticism?"

sfgate.com is the link