[Peace-discuss] Turning in Petitions

Alfred Weiss awweiss at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 20 08:51:07 CDT 2002

Hello everyone,
   Thanks to everyone who has been helping out in the petition drive.  As
of right now we have over 6500 signatures gathered and over 5750
signatures notarized and turned in. We will continue the petition drive
through Sunday night, and turn in the signatures on Monday.

Upcoming petitioning events include:

Friday May 21st:
5-9 pm Taste of Champaign, West Side Park in Champaign
6:30 pm Free Concert in Hessel Park, Champaign

Saturday May 22nd
8:30-11 am Farmer's market at Lincoln Square Mall in Urbana
11 am -8 pm Taste of Champaign, West Side Park in Champaign
8 pm - Bar Crawl, details to be announced

Sunday May 23rd
12-5 pm Taste of Champaign, West Side Park in Champaign
6:30 pm Free Concert in Hessel Park, Champaign
6-8 pm petition drop off - location TBA

We will need a lot of help to cover Taste of Champaign, so please let me
know if you can volunteer a couple of hours. Also, send me an email if
you need to make arrangements for dropping off petitions.

Thanks for everyone's help
Al Weiss