[Peace-discuss] Fwd: [SRRTAC-L:8245] Edward Said's latest (fwd)

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Tue Jun 25 06:56:41 CDT 2002

Once conceptual flaw in this analysis is that the  quote "The United States
wants reform principally as a way of
combating "terrorism", a panacea of a word that takes no account of history,
context, or anything else." The term "terrorism" is the newest justification
as others failed for intervention and forced determination of other
governments actions and suspension of civil rights (planned and directed but
not implemented years ago).  U.S. actions in the region are based on strictly
geo-political-military strategy.  U.S,  read  Council on Foreign Relations,
Trilateral Commission, the Group of 300,  and Committee of 10, require
complete control of the Eastern Mediterranean and Suez Canal. Thus Israel and
variations of it's government are the only "so called" stable  entity that
can ensure U.S. control. Thus we see the continued U.s. military presence,
shipment of U.S. military weapons, and continued support for Israeli invasion
and occupation of another nation's lands. In the past, if another nation
invaded and seized lands such as Israel has done for years the U.S. and other
U.S. Allies would have gone to war to force them out.  That will never happen
here because of the double standard!!!!      So what is a solution?  Good
question but it, must start with total Israeli withdrawal form all occupied
lands.  In my travels and work in the Mideast that is one simple start. Then
we must ensure that the U.S. and other nations to quit forcing these
governments to comply with specific requirements. After all who made the U.S.
government officials "God"?