[Peace-discuss] horrible journalism

Carl Estabrook cge at shout.net
Mon Mar 25 09:56:25 CST 2002

If you have a strong stomach, tune in to (or tape) C-Span 2 at 10:55am for
Lally Weymouth, introduced as a Newsweek journalist, in a repeat of this
morning's call-in show, primarily about the Middle East.  The most obvious
propaganda lies are offered as insight.  You can see why the current issue
of Newsweek has a cover story "Can Israel Survive?" [sic].  (I'm not sure
if the program mentions that Weymouth is the daughter of Katherine Graham,
who owned Newsweek and the Washington Post.)  In dismay, CGE
  ============================
  Carl Estabrook
  Five Litchfield Lane
  Champaign IL 61820 USA
  office    217.244.4105
  mobile    217.369.5471
  residence 217.359.9466
  <cge at shout.net>     business
  <galliher at uiuc.edu> academic
  "There are no magic answers, no miraculous methods to
  overcome the problems we face, just the familiar ones:
  honest search for understanding, education, organization,
  action that raises the cost of state violence for its
  perpetrators or that lays the basis for institutional change
  -- and the kind of commitment that will persist despite the
  temptations of disillusionment, despite many failures and
  only limited successes, inspired by the hope of a brighter
  future."      --Noam Chomsky