[Peace-discuss] Petitioning and Campaign Events this week for Carl

Michael Walcher solaraycer at yahoo.com
Mon May 13 18:12:05 CDT 2002

 Here are the
  jpschmit <jpschmit at life.uiuc.edu> wrote: From: jpschmit
To: pg-news
,
pg-uiuc

Subject: [Prairiegreens] [Prairiegreens-news] Petitioning and Campaign Events this week
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:40:49 -0500

Hello all,
Here are some upcoming Estabrook Campaign events. We need a lot of
help to get Carl on the ballot, so if you can donate an hour or two of
your time it will make a big difference! Here are this weeks events:

Wednesday May 15th:

6pm Native American Film at Parkland College - "Dancing Outside of Me"
room X150 - volunteer needed to petition here (we have permission to do so)

7 pm, IMC Prairie Greens meeting and envelope stuffing for our 5/22 rally

Thursday May 16th
6:30 pm Petitioning at parking lots - meet at the IMC in Urbana, then we
will head out to a grocery store parking lot.

Friday May 17th

Saturday May 18th
Farmer's Market 8-11 am, Lincoln Square Mall in Urbana.

1 pm - meet at the IMC for petitioning - local events include:
Champaign Police Day - parking lot of Champaign Police Dept. 9-2:30
Tuscola Garden Festival - downtown Tuscola 9-5
Across Raggedy Ann Festival - (also Sunday) Downtown Across (really!)

7pm Weekly Green Machine Pub Crawl - go from bar to bar and get folks to
sign - meeting place to be announced.

6pm - 6 am (Sunday) American Cancer Society Relay for Life - we want to
have a green party team but we need at least 4 more folks who will be
willing to walk for 1 hour sometime during Saturday night-Sunday
morning. Shoud be well over 1000 people in attendance, news coverage
etc. Contact Eric Sizemore at erics at soltec.net right away to volunteer.

Sunday

1pm - meet at the IMC for local petitioning

6-8 pm Clark Park in Champaign - free concert by Eddison Middle School
Jazz Band - come get parents to sign - concert starts at 6:30