[Peace-discuss] literature idea

jeffsowers at swissinfo.org jeffsowers at swissinfo.org
Fri Nov 1 17:53:21 CST 2002

I had an idea for more effective literature, so I?m going to throw it out
there.

I envision a Don?t Attack Iraq newsprint flyer on a single newsprint sheet
the size of the Public I (22?x34?). On it is a collection of short or abridged
articles gleaned from the mainstream press that challenge Bush?s reasons
for war, and perhaps Bush?s credibility in general. It would also include
information about AWARE, and any events we have planned. The layout and
design is eye-catching. We print as many of these as possible, perhaps 10,000
or more, and distribute them all around the area.

Ideas for articles include an article by Scott Ritter, a recent report on
the CIA contradicting Bush?s assertions, report about out the role of oil,
excerpt?s from Senator Byrd?s or Durbin?s statements in Congress, report
on the Oct 26 demonstration, etc.

I think the material, for the most part, should come from sources that people
have heard of. Many people are naturally skeptical of literature from sources
that they do not know and that have an obvious political agenda. There have
been many reports in the mainstream press that contradict what Bush is claiming,
and we can use these.

What do you think? Good idea or bad?

Jeff