[Peace-discuss] INS Interviews

Linda Owens lkowens at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 14 14:12:45 CST 2002

I have a research assistant in my office who is from Iran.  I just found
out today (and he found out only a few days ago) that all students from
Iraq, Iran, Yemen,  and Sudan on F1 (and maybe J1) visas have to be
interviewed by the INS  before Dec. 16th.  The office of international
student affairs is taking a bunch of students to Chicago for their
interviews on the week of Thanksgiving.  Apparently the decision to conduct
these interviews came two days after the election.  Has anyone else heard
anything about this?
Linda