[Peace-discuss] Job Opening - IMC Radio News Coordinator

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Fri Oct 18 14:03:44 CDT 2002

--- please forward ---

The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center
is looking to hire a Radio News Coordinator.

The UC-IMC is a grassroots organization committed to using media
production and distribution as tools for promoting social and economic
justice. We are dedicated to addressing issues that the mainstream media
neglects with fair, accurate, and opinioned reporting. We empower everyday
people to "become the media" by providing democratic access to available
technologies and information. Please view www.ucimc.org for more
information.

The UC-IMC Radio Working Group produces a half-hour local public affairs
program every week. IMC Radio News is produced by volunteers and broadcast
on WEFT 90.1 FM, Urbana-Champaign's community radio station. IMC
volunteers also produce features for national radio outlets such as Free
Speech Radio News and Making Contact. The IMC Radio News Coordinator
provides paid support for these endeavors. The Coordinator: helps the
group build its volunteer base, refines the show's production process,
supports story development, and provides technical support and training.

The position is for 12 hours per week, $10/hour, 48 weeks + training and
conference expenses.

To view full job announcement or download Word version of job announcement
go to:

http://www.ucimc.org/feature/display/8012/index.php

Contact Danielle Chynoweth, UC-IMC member, with questions or problems
viewing the full announcement: danielle at ucimc.org.