[Peace-discuss] RE: various

jeffsowers at swissinfo.org jeffsowers at swissinfo.org
Sun Oct 20 10:09:56 CDT 2002

Hi Mike -

What was the specific infraction you were charged with? Are you planning
on fighting it?

I was perusing the city code online and the closest thing I could find was
Article II, Sec. 30-16. Obstruction and encroachments prohibited. "Except
otherwise provided, no person shall cause, create or maintain any obstruction
of any public way."

I could find no specific reference to pedestrians not being allowed to enter
the street.

I do not believe you or your wife were "obstructing" the flow of traffic
in any way.

Someone should call the city attorney and have a conversation about this.
It is probably worth pursuing since in our modern car culture it is the
best means by which to distribute literature to the people. There is a freedom
of speech componant to this. Perhaps we can come to an understanding with
the city about it.

Jeff

It