[Peace-discuss] 16 Days. March on Oct. 26 (fwd)

patton paul ppatton at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Sun Oct 20 13:41:32 CDT 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 20 Oct 2002 16:36:54 -0000
From: "Eli Pariser, MoveOn PAC" <moveon-help at list.moveon.org>
To: Dr. Paul Patton <ppatton at uiuc.edu>
Subject: 16 Days. March on Oct. 26

Dear MoveOn Member,

It's not over, as they say, until it's over.  When Congress voted last
week to support President Bush's war on Iraq, the President was hoping
that Americans would fall in behind him.  Not so: the public is as
concerned as ever about pre-emptively and unilaterally attacking Iraq.

As we mentioned in our "Turning the Tide" message, this vote will not
stand.  It runs counter to the American people and the very core
ideals of who we are as a nation.

It's time to get louder.  Beating President Bush in the elections is a
sure way to send him the message that he's leading the country astray.
But we also need to take our concern to his doorstep -- to make it
impossible for him to dismiss our dissent.

One opportunity to do this is coming up on October 26th, when
thousands of people will converge on Washington in a massive,
non-violent march to the White House.  The message is simple: "Stop
the war on Iraq."  Folks will be coming in from across the country --
busses are coming from as far as Minnesota and 27 other states.

There will be a concurrent march in San Francisco.  Here are the
details:

IN WASHINGTON DC:
Rally @ 11 am
Constitution Gardens adjacent to the Vietnam Veterans War Memorial
21st St. & Constitution Ave. N.W.
**March to the White House**

IN SAN FRANCISCO:
Rally @ 11 am
Justin Herman Plaza
Foot of Market St. at Embarcadero
**March to Civic Center Plaza**

For the logistical information you need to know to get to DC:
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/o26/logistics.html

For more general information about the march, go to:
http://www.internationalanswer.org/

Over the last few days, we've been highlighting reasons to take
control of Congress from Bush and the right wing.  Our reason for this one is very simple:

  Reason #16 -- This war is wrong.

President Bush is leading our nation down a dangerous path, and the
Republicans in Congress are behind him all the way.  We need to
demonstrate that pre-emptive war will not make our world safer.

We hope you can make it.

Sincerely,
--Wes, Eli, Joan, Peter, Carrie, and Doug
  MoveOn.org

                  PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG PAC