[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Jay Walking for Peace on Prospect

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 23 10:18:01 CDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Kranich, Kimberlie
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 10:09 AM
To: Peace Discuss (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [Peace] Jay Walking for Peace on Prospect

Thank you for your report, Sandra. I just returned from out of town and saw
it on the IMC>

I guess I am not surprised that citations were issued for jaywalking.  The
officer the week before indicated that such an action was possible.  Perhaps
we should get consult with a lawyer and be prepared for arrests next time?
As our presence continues the tensions will only rise.  Better to plan ahead
than to be caught off guard, in my opinion. I've been arrested twice for
civil disobedience, and it was much better the second time when I had a
lawyer and knew I was going to be arrested.

A consultation with a lawyer should be free. We might even consider civil
disobedience with the intent of being arrested.

My suggestion for a lawyer is Harvey Welch who does free consultations.

KImberlie