[Peace-discuss] Calling all Estabrook Volunteers and Supporters!

Jim Buell jbuell at prairienet.org
Fri Oct 25 18:12:29 CDT 2002

Estabrook for Congress is getting ready to enter the final full week of
campaigning before the election, and there's LOADS to be done.

We'll be having daily meetings next week, for whoever can make it to any
one or more of them. If you can come to every one, great, but I don't
expect that many people can. The reason for a different time every day is
so as many people as possible can get to each one. The meetings should run
an hour or so, max. These will be at the campaign office, 24 E. Green St.,
Suite 14, Champaign. (The phone number there is 217-355-7313, if you want
to call ahead.)

The agenda, simply put, will be to do everything we can to get out the vote
for Carl on Nov. 5. We'll have lots of literature and signs on hand, and
can get more if we run out. There'll probably be some mailing to do, and
some interested people to get information out to. We'll coordinate
distribution of campaign materials at public places (i.e., wherever flyers
can be posted) and might even choose some neighborhoods for door-to-door
literature drops. No doubt other ideas will occur to us as we have these
meetings.

Here's the tentative schedule:

Sunday, 7:30 pm - the same time we've been meeting since longer than any of
us can remember :)
Monday, 11 a.m. - there's also a noon candidate forum at the campus Y,
where Carl and Hartke will discuss environmental issues
Tuesday, noon
Wednesday, 1 pm
Thursday, 2 pm
Friday, 3 pm

We can decide over the course of the week about what to do for the final
weekend, election eve, and election day. Feel free to spread the word to
your friends and neighbors, too. Let's build a groundswell for Carl.

Folks are welcome to rsvp to me (jbuell at carlforcongress.org), to let me
know you can make it any of these days. Or just show up.

Time to make some electoral history!

jb