[Peace-discuss] They're off to march on Washington.....against war in Iraq

charles joseph smith cjsmith2 at students.uiuc.edu
Sat Oct 26 09:49:27 CDT 2002

Yesterday, around 10:00 a.m. at the portico of the Illini Union outside, I
went to say goodbye to a caravan of people in the damp, rainy
weather. People like Rob Scott (a good friend of mine) and Matt Reichel
and others who already
left for Washington for that big march at the White House to protest the
upcoming war on Iraq.

I estimated that over 50 people were there as they loaded 6 or 7 vans
full of gear that would be necessary for the 2-3 day activist event.
About 2/3 of the people who left C-U for Washingoton were from AWARE.

I even got my name on the Daily Illini by an interviewer--and NewsChannel
15 was there placing cameras on Rob Scott for part of the send-off.

Charles Joseph Smith
URH, 101 Daniels Hall, 1010 W. Green St., #101
Urbana, IL 61801-3097
cjsmith2 at uiuc.edu
(217)332-2143
http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~cjsmith2/Charles_Home_Page.html