[Peace-discuss] Some George Bush Quotes!

Md. Mahbubul Alam mma at agni1.net
Thu Apr 3 09:12:25 CST 2003

"They misunderestimated me." -Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Nigeria is an important continent " - Oct., 2000.

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods" - Austin, Texas, Dec. 20, 2000.

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas" - Sept., 2000.

"The fundamental question is, 'Will I be a successful president when it comes to foreign policy?' I will be, but until I'm the president, it's going to be hard for me to verify that I think I'll be more effective."
-In Wayne, Mich., as quoted in the New York Times, June 28, 2000

"The fact that he relies on facts...says things that are not factual...are going to undermine his campaign."
-New York Times, March 4, 2000

"I think we agree, the past is over."
-On his meeting with John McCain, Dallas Morning News, May 10, 2000

"When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us vs. them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there."
-Iowa Western Community College, Jan 21, 2000

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."
-At a South Carolina oyster roast, as quoted in the Financial Times, Jan. 14, 2000

"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating."
-U.S. News & World Report, April 3, 2000

"It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce."
--Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001

"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically."
-Radio-Television Correspondents Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 29, 2001

"I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well."
-Washington, D.C., Jan. 29, 2001

"Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment."-Interview with the New York Times, Jan. 14, 2001 (Thanks to Rachael Contorer.)

"The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants."-Interview with the New York Times, Jan. 14"

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."-Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question."- Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

"There's no such thing as legacies. At least, there is a legacy, but I'll never see it." - Jan. 31, 2001

"We cannot let terriers and rogue nations hold this nation hostile" - Sep. 9, 2000

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - Oct. 18, 2000

"I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy." - Sep. 27, 2000

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." - Nov. 2, 2000

"I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you. Now watch this drive."
--August 4, 2002, on violence in the Middle East... and his golf game