[Peace-discuss] FW: Downstate Peace Convergence-Normal, Sun. April 13, 2PM

Geoff Ower gdower at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 9 02:21:30 CDT 2003

Hi All,

Some of you may have already received information regarding the April 13
downstate anti-war rally, but I just want to make sure that everyone
knows about it. I hope to see many of you there. If you have any
questions, I'll be happy to help you.

peace,

geoff ower
Student Peace Action Network
Illinois State University Chapter
span.pabn.org

==
There will be a downstate anti-war rally in Normal this Sunday, April
13. While
I realize that Bloomington-Normal may be a ways to go, we here at the
Illinois
State University chapter of Student Peace Action Network would like to
invite
you all to join us. The rally will feature speakers from student and
citizen
peace groups throughout the state, who will speak of the urgency of
redirecting
funds to education and healthcare, rather than spend it on war and
weapons;
speakers who will speak of the urgency of stopping further wars not only
in the
Middle East (consensus is that Syria is next in line for attack after
Iraq) but
throughout the world; and speakers who will speak of the need for
promoting
democracy not only here in the United States, but throughout the world.

Here are the specifics:

Downstate Peace Convergence
Sunday, April 13
Normal, IL
Anderson Park
2PM-rain or shine

Directions:

Coming into town from the east on Interstate 74: