[Peace-discuss] Randall's project

Alfred Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 11 11:40:26 CDT 2003

Here is a response to Randall's posting.  First, I would also like to
thank him for the continuing dialog.  Second, I am pleased that he is
not including posters of soldiers from Illinois.  That prevents one
potential problem. However, I don't agree with his categorization of
my  concerns. I was not trying to propose what the purpose of his
poster idea should be because I am generally against the idea
altogether.  I would however be happy to see more posters of Iraqi
people killed or injured in the main P4P protest.  I don't agree that
Americans care little about average Iraqi children.  In fact, I think
children from anywhere do tend to pull peoples' heart strings,
whatever they might think about the war.
--

Al Kagan
Africana Unit, Room 328

tel. 217-333-6519