[Peace-discuss] Important resources

Charles Jenks charles at mtdata.com
Mon Apr 14 23:09:15 CDT 2003

Greetings - We've made some significant website updates and welcome Norman
Soloman (³Target Iraq: What the News Media Didn¹t Tell You²) as a regular
contributor, old friend Marc Herold for his important new study on Iraqi
civilian casualties, and new friend Steven Rosenfeld of TomPaine.com with
his article on DU.

In a nutshell:

1) Marc Herold has contributed his stunning research on the widespread
carnage of US/UK bombing in Iraq.

2) Norman Soloman has submitted two pieces on Media; we will publish his
media commentary regularly.

3) Regular contributor David Keppel has submitted several new items,
including an intriguing letter to the NY Times on the plundering of Baghdad,
with a translated report from a Swedish eye-witness.

4) We've added a section on the intended 'reconstruction' of Iraq, with
links to several items from investigative reporter Neil MacKay of the Sunday
Herald (Scotland).  We've had the pleasure of getting to know Neil and have
the highest regard for the thoroughness of his research.

5) Our Depleted Uranium section continues to grow.  In addition to the new
contribution from Steven Rosenfeld of TomPaine.com, we've added new material
from Doug Rokke, as well as the audio of Sunny Miller's talk on DU to the
student sponsored rally in DC on April 5th.

6) We've added related news items, updated the calendar and expanded the
links (on on-going process).

We strive to make the website a useful resource for local, national and
international audiences.  We welcome suggestions.

Peace, Charlie

Charles Jenks
President,
Traprock Peace Center - http://traprockpeace.org