[Peace-discuss] AWARE at the Sweetcorn Festival

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 15:51:09 CDT 2003

Through the powers of persuasion, AWARE was able to
have a table at this year's Sweetcorn Festival
although the date for registering had past.

So, now I need you all to volunteer to be at the table
sometime on Saturday, August 23th, 2003, from 11 am to
10:30 pm (downtown Urbana).  All you have to do is sit
there under the AWARE tent, talk to people, have
literature available, sell a few buttons/CDs/bumper
stickers, and make friends with your local
sweetcorn-eating community.  What could be better???

Any *really* sweet people who want some free sweetcorn
(on me) can come help me set up from 8 - 10am Saturday
morning.

Email me now to let me know what hours you are eagerly
wanting to work. veganlinda at yahoo.com

Thanks!

Linda

PS  Does AWARE want to be at the Farmer's Market on
Saturday 23rd or is one event that Saturday enough?

=====
"As we talked of freedom and justice one day for all, we sat down to steaks.  I am eating misery, I thought, as I took the first bite.  And spit it out." - Alice Walker (author)