[Peace-discuss] Re: [Wefta] military recruitment on WEFT (!)

Paul King pmking at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 21 20:35:04 CDT 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Randall Cotton wrote:

> See my response below...

i also find military recruitment advertisements revolting, particularly
when they are read on WEFT and especially if they are read on WEFT during
Democracy Now!. it is offensive and disgusting.

however, jason's caution about allowing a diversity of opinions is
extremely important. so my question is this: what exactly is a PSA? i find
it impossible to believe that an "announcement" (read: advertisement in
the most debased form of the word) of current military recruitment efforts
is a public service.

(oh yeah, i paid for my undergraduate degree with the college fund and
g.i. bill after spending four years in the army. i would never
characterize my military duties and activities, nor the college money
bribe i received later, as a public service.)

i think we all need to know what the definition of a "psa" is exactly.

..::paul