[Peace-discuss] labor day flyer

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 14:34:44 CDT 2003

folks,

here's the text of an impromptu flyer using info from the Labor Against the War website.  i deleted graphics since they took up too much space to send on the listserv.  if there are no objections, we'll hand these out on labor day...

send concerns to al kagan at akagan at uiuc.edu

thanks,

carol

A CALL TO LABOR ACTIVISTS

from Veterans and Military Family Members in the Labor Movement

We are reaching out to other union members and labor union retirees who are veterans or in families of military personnel, asking you to join us in speaking out against the ongoing occupation of Iraq, the treatment of US soldiers and veterans, and the prospect of future wars fought by working people to meet the needs of the rich.

Speak out against:

   A war launched with falsehoods, distortions and deception
   An occupation by troops untrained & unprepared to run a country
   Soldiers dying and wounded needlessly for politicians who avoided war themselves
   Corporations reaping huge profits & oil companies staking out new turf
   Veterans whose benefits are cut and treatment is neglected
   Conflict in the name of "democracy" while our rights are undermined in the name of "security"
   An economy with money for prisons but not for schools, for guns but not for health care
   Soldiers drafted by poverty and lack of opportunity based on promised benefits, training and education
   The prospect of more wars fought by working people & the poor for the privileged and the rich

A message from US Labor Against the War – for more information see www.uslaboragainstwar.org

Distributed by AWARE – the Anti-War, Anti-Racism Effort of Champaign-Urbana. For more information, or to get involved locally, visit our website at www.anti-war.net or call Carol at 344-9155 or Ricky at 328-3037.