[Peace-discuss] ideas for signs

Lisa Chason chason at shout.net
Sun Feb 2 15:25:50 CST 2003

CounterPunch: Signs of Protest
Subject: CounterPunch Signs of Protest.htm

home / subscribe / about us / books / archives / search / links / feedback

      CounterPunch

      January 28, 2003

      Signs of Protest
      CounterPunch Staff

      1) These colors don't run the world.

      2) One nation under surveillance.

      3) How did our oil get under their sand?

      4) Go Solar, not Ballistic.

      5) Who would Jesus bomb?

      6) Start Drafting SUV Drivers Now.

      7) Don't blame me, I voted with
      the majority.

      8) Buck Fush!

      9) It's NUCLEAR, not NUCULAR, you idiot!

      10) Patriots are idiots - Matriarchy Now!

      11) Resistance is Fertile.

      12) (Pictures of sheep carrying flags) Stop Mad Sheep Disease Now.

      13) (UFW sign) Pick Fruit, not Fights.

      14) (On a five year old) More Candy Less War.

      15) Say can you see my democracy?

      16) (With pictures of Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld) Asses of Evil.

      17) It's the oil, stupid.

      18) War is expensive, Peace is priceless.

      19) Read between the Pipelines

      20) No More Bush.

      21) Smart weapons, Dumb president.

      22) The only thing we have to fear is Bush himself.

      23) How many Lives per Gallon?

      24) Peace Takes Brains

      25) Anything War can do, Peace can do better.

      26) Negotiation Not Annihilation.

      27) Make touchdowns, not war--Go Raiders/Bucs!

      28) Another patriot for peace.

      29) Oh, Say, can You Cease?

      30) Star Spangled Bummer

      31) Don't Arm a Son of a Bush

      32) Don't do it, George, Dad will still love you.

      33) Power to the Peaceful

      34) The last time we listened to a Bush, we wandered in the desert for 40 years.

      35.) Frodo Has Failed! Bush Has the Ring!

      36.) (picture of bush, cheney): Empty Warheads

      37.) (sexual explicit picture) My Bush is Against This War

      Yesterday's Features

      Walt Whitman
      Respondez! Respondez!

      Jennifer Berkshire
      Porto Alegre Diary 3: Lula, Savior or Sell Out?

      Chris Floyd
      Street Legal

      Linda Heard
      Are You a Friend of Freedom?

      Agustín Velloso Santisteban
      Spain and the War on Iraq

      Rich Procter
      We Can Stop This War
      A National Rifle Association of Peace

      Saul Landau
      A Guide to Bush's Political Bipolar Disorder

      Ralph Nader
      Protecting Public Education from Corporate Tax Giveaways

      Robert Fisk
      The Human Cost of War

      Keep CounterPunch Alive:
      Make a Tax--Deductible Donation Today Online!

      CounterPunch Available Exclusively to Subscribers:

        a.. CounterPunch Special: The Persecution of Gershon Legman by Susan Davis: Smut, the Post Office, Commies and the FBI;

        b.. Reeling Democrats: Is Pelosi the Answer?

        c.. Gandhi v. Hitler: the Secret Race for the Nobel Prize;

        d.. Sullying Mario Savio's Memory;

        e.. Lynching Then and Now;

        f.. Earn While You Learn: Chris Whittle and Child Labor;

        The Case of the Pompous Professor;

        g.. The Class Struggle in Boston: All that Effort, But What Did They Get?
      Remember, the CounterPunch website is supported exclusively by subscribers to our newsletter. Our worldwide web audience is soaring , with about seven million hits a month now. This is inspiring, but the work involved also compels us to remind you more urgently than ever to subscribe and/or make a (tax deductible) donation if you can afford it. If you find our site useful please: Subscribe Now!

      Or Call Toll Free 1 800 840 3683

      home / subscribe / about us / books / archives / search / links /
     January 25 / 26, 2003

      Ron Jacobs
      Iraq War as Football Game

      Bill and Kathy Christison
      Too Many Smoking Guns: Israel, American Jews and the War on Iraq

      Chris Clarke
      Collateral Damage: Draft Resistance and the Peace Mvt.

      Bruce Jackson
      Killing an Oak Tree: a Gratuitous Death

      Jennifer Berkshire
      Porto Allegre Diary II: Building the Party, Lula Style

      Forrest Hylton
      Left Turns in South America

      Edward Said
      When Will Arabs Resist?

      William A. Cook
      Israeli Democracy: Fact or Fiction?

      Anthony Gancarski
      America Never Was America to Me

      Subcomandante Marcos
      Zaps to Basques: Lighten Up!

      Ellen Cantarow
      Music Lives in Palestine

      Marta Russell
      Extinguishing Frida Kahlo

      Adam Engel
      Man in the Black Suit: a novelini

      Subscribe Online

      Search CounterPunch
      Read Whiteout and Find Out How the CIA's Backing of the Mujahideen Created the World's Most Robust Heroin Market and Helped to Finance the Rise of the Taliban and Osama bin Laden

      Whiteout:
      CIA, Drugs & the Press
      by Alexander Cockburn
      and Jeffrey St. Clair