[Peace-discuss] Olean NY Times Herald

Jim Buell jbuell at prairienet.org
Mon Feb 3 09:08:19 CST 2003

Fascinating articles, Doug. We're very fortunate in this community to have
your experience and analytic expertise to draw on. I must say, as well,
that I was very pleasantly surprised a week ago Sunday to see that
News-Gazette columnist Tom Kacich gave your findings and views fair
coverage (1-26-03, p. B3). Your perspective is essential in helping counter
the propaganda that anti-war actions are somehow "disrespectful" to
veterans (an attack made in a News-Gazette editorial yesterday, and one we
expect to hear repeatedly at tonight's Urbana City Council meeting). DU
isn't so very different from the so-called "dirty bombs" that whip up mass
hysteria whenever Ashcroft, etc. issue their trumped-up warnings, right?

By the way, the http links in your forwards are long enough that they've
broken across two lines, and need to be re-pasted into browsers. Or, people
can go to http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?brd=386 (the Olean paper's
home page) and do a search there for "Rokke".

peace,
Jim