[Peace-discuss] Assume they find WMDs

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 11:10:56 CST 2003

I am solidly opposed to going to war with Iraq. That being said, I think that anti-war activists should be planning on, counting on, the world being convinced that there are indeed WMDs in Iraq. (That is my gut feeling, but my gut feeling makes no difference.) To me the arguments should be: “Sure, he has WMDs, that does not justify going to war, instead the following actions should be taken …..” Otherwise, I think simply saying that there is not now enough evidence, implies that war is OK if the evidence is discovered (which I think is inevitable.)

 Put differently, what do we say when the evidence is discovered? And shouldn't we be saying it now?