[Peace-discuss] Assume they find WMDs

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Sat Feb 8 11:18:58 CST 2003

Within the "community" of military, law enforcement, and others of us who
deal with this topic or field the following interchangeable terms are used:

NBC: nuclear, biological, chemical
NBC-E:  nuclear, biological, chemical- environmental
WMD: weapons of mass destruction
WMD-E: weapons of mass destruction- environmental
B-NICE: Biological, nuclear, incendiary, chemical, explosives
CBR: chemical, biological, radiological

The preferred or most used term right now by those in our community is
"WMD-E" folowed by "B-NICE".  The Army manuals that deal with this stuff
include FM 3-100, FM 3-3, FM 3-4, FM 3-5, FM 3-7, FM 8-285, TB 9-1300-278,
etc.  however in the military we still refer to "NBC" .

As to any military response to deal with presence of any agents in any
location, high explosives (conventional) nor nuclear (non-conventional) are
appropriate.

doug