[Peace-discuss] Fwd:This war is not inevitable

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Wed Feb 12 18:43:03 CST 2003

Dear Jenifer M. Cartwright,

As everyone can see, the clock is at five minutes to midnight. The Bush administration is hell-bent on war. It is a war that is wrong, and we must stop it.

At this point everyone must act as though the future of the world depends on it . . . because it does. Here are three important ways that you can take action.

First, you can participate in antiwar actions throughout the country on February 15-16. For detailed information go to http://www.unitedforpeace.org and http://www.internationalanswer.org.

Second, you can stand with Arthur Miller, Sam Hammil and the major poets of America who are speaking out against the war. In New York, there will be a major program "Poems Not Fit for the White House" on February 17 at Avery Fisher Hall, the Lincoln Center. For details see http://www.nion.us/poems_not_fit.htm.

Third, the Not In Our Name Project is calling on the entire peace movement to join together in a national day before the war begins, a day when everybody stops normal activity and participates in many different forms of opposition to the war. Hopefully this can happen by the end of the month. Watch for details at http://www.notinourname.net.

As you may have heard, both Stars and Stripes and the Military Times publications have pulled the Not In Our Name statement from publication after accepting our ad and payment. Even before the war, wartime censorship has set in. To continue getting the statement published, please send your contribution to Not In Our Name, 158 Church St, PMB9, New York, NY 10007.

http://www.nion.us