[Peace-discuss] Michael Lerner

Karen Kohn karenkohn00 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 13 17:16:11 CST 2003

  I am curious whether anyone knows more about Michael Lerner.  I've read his magazine, Tikkun, and he strikes me as a little weird (faults Palestinians for not welcoming with open arms all the Jews who came to then-Palestine after the Holocaust) and touchy-feely (likes to talk about how Israelis and Palestinians need to heal their emotional wounds), but until this issue came up I didn't realize people had major issues with him.  Sometimes he seems overly fastidious about reminding everyone that Palestinians have done things wrong, too, but it seems like most Zionist anti-Occupation groups do that.
  I guess I was missing more information than I realized, because to me he seemed mildly annoying but basically doing something important.  What is it that people don't like about him?