[Peace-discuss] more on Rice, Not Bombs!

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Fri Feb 14 15:54:26 CST 2003

I also got the following paragraph in an email two days ago;  another of
the "local consequences" that the war is bringing about.

"I did also hear yesterday that when the Iraqi American owner of World
Harvest Grocery here in town sent his bag of rice, he got a visit from
the FBI asking what he was sending the President (he's under
surveillance by them).   He told the FBI agent that he was sending rice
to urge Bush not to bomb his family but to help feed the hungry people
of Iraq instead. "

Ken Urban for Champaign City Council
"A progressive voice for Champaign"

web: http://www.kenurban.com