[Peace-discuss] Boycott Tires Plus?

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 17 13:38:01 CST 2003

I think it would be a HUGE mistake to respond in any way but friendly toward Tires Plus, for lots of reasons, perhaps the most important is that we would be emulating the type of actions we are protesting against. Second, lets face it, it is their property not ours, and if you are not a customer you are a trespasser on their property. Third, about half of the country does not agree with us and they have a right to express their disdain for us in the same way we express ours toward them, or even worse so long as they do not assault us. Fourth, taking any action against a business for not liking us on their property will turn public sentiment away from us, it will impress absolutely no one that we are peaceable, just phony. Finally, IMO it is very immature. Indeed, if this course is followed, I will disassociate myself from this group. Do what you want, just my 2¢.
 Lisa Chason <chason at shout.net> wrote:Do folks think it would be right to start publicizing what Tires Plus has
been doing? I've generally told people to "park in Lowe's, not at the tire
place because they may have you towed." Not wanting to name the business
because maybe it was just some of the people who worked there that were
hostile. Now with what Jim has described and what Ricky said at last night's
AWARE mtg -- that he's seen the truck there that tried to mow us down back
in the early days -- perhaps we should explicitly state in our flyers: Do
not park at Tires Plus
and put a little piece in the Public I suggesting that people not patronize
that business?
Could of course make them even more hostile and we are rather vulnerable,
standing between them and the traffic.
Would like to hear what others think.