[Peace-discuss] New tactic?

pfmueth at ameritech.net pfmueth at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 19 10:04:10 CST 2003

At 5:47 AM -0800 2/19/03, Chuck Minne wrote:

>  pfmueth at pop.ameritech.net wrote:
>
>Greetings,
>I am on the radio Sundays during the aware meeting, so I
>haven't attended much.
>I did come by with the germ of a suggestion, which I hope can be
>discussed at some point.
>
>I think that some very carefully thought out civil disobedience is in
>order. I would propose that leafleting be done inside the malls. It
>has been decided at the Supreme Court level that private property
>trumps free speech, but that just shows how lousy things have gotten.
>
>If you feel that you can come on my private property and do anything
>you want, or anything period, then I do not want to be associated
>with you.

This is the only reply I've gotten on or off the list, I presume it's
not a dominant sentiment. . .

There is a legal argument called the greater good .. .

One might present the case that violating property rights to talk to
fellow citizens about our military raining down "shock and awe" on
another nation killing mainly civilians might qualify as same.