[Peace-discuss] High Powered Microwaves -- request for expertise

John Fettig jfettig at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 24 17:02:14 CST 2003

Does anybody have any information about the use of High Powered
Microwave (HPM) weapons, such as what we are planning to do with them in
Iraq, how many are in our arsenal (will they constitute a significant
portion of the attack), and how effective they would be in this
situation?

It has been brought to my attention that such a weapon could be used to
disable any weapons that Iraq has that rely on circuitry (which I'm
guessing is all of them), without killing anybody.  But it also looks
like they have an impact on a few hundred yards, which means that in
order for them to be used, we have to know where the weapons are in the
first place.

Doug?

John