[Peace-discuss] Major New Resources Available

Charles Jenks charles at mtdata.com
Thu Jan 2 14:03:22 CST 2003

Greetings -

We've been busy with post-Holiday updates to http://traprockpeace.org.  We
update frequently with special materials that are either original to our
site or not widely available.  Here are some highlights of new important
resources:

1.  Medact (UK) report on the 'human catastrophe' in Iraq from an invasion.
Hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's would die.  See also the article on UN
preparations of a major humanitarian crisis.

2.  Updates on defective bio/chem equipment for US soldiers.  (Doug Rokke's
and our call for requesting military base commanders to make accurate unit
status reports (i.e. that units are not combat ready) led to a national call
for action by the national End the War network and national media coverage
of the issue.)

3.  Special - George Capaccio's report and essay from Baghdad. (He is in
Iraq as part of a VITW mission and brought over medical supplies gathered on
Dec. 10 in Franklin Country by Traprock and neighbors.)

4.  A copy of the Kennedy/Feingold/Conyers letter to Atty. Gen Ashcroft
asking for a suspension of the brutal INS registration program.

5. Address by Felicity Arbuthnot in London dedicated to the Children of Iraq
(with lyrics to a song - Song for Basra - by David Rovics.)

6.  Special Report by neighbor Eric Chester on his visit to peace
organizations in the UK.

7.  Updates on the hazards of depleted uranium and the massive delayed Gulf
War Casualties  - for example, you can hear Doug Rokke's talk in Portland,
ME and read a pdf copy of the article on Doug Rokke's work in Disaster News.
(We're constantly updating the DU material - Thanks Doug!)

Many other useful and inspiring materials, including Calendar Updates, new
links to sites with important resources, a new Photo Album of "families for
peace" taken at the Northampton first night, and links to articles not found
in main stream media.

If you have any comments or ideas for materials on the website, please do
not hesitate to contact me.  I appreciate the international and local
contributors to our site, and of course the constant work and creativity of
Sunny Miller, the Traprock Peace Center Core Group, volunteers and coalition
partners.

Peace, Charlie

Charles Jenks
President,