[Peace-discuss] Iraq War resolution for U/C city councils

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Sun Jan 5 09:35:52 CST 2003

I suggest the following revisions:

old:

WHEREAS the Gulf War resulted in deleterious effects on the health of
American military personnel and their children;

new:

"WHEREAS Gulf War I has resulted in over 221,000 American military personnel
on permanent disability and over 10,324 dead; over 1.5 million Persian Gulf
region citizens sick or dead, thousands of U.S. coalition military personnel
sick or dead, and thousands of children sick or dead;"

and two additions:

"WHEREAS the military nuclear, biological, and chemical personnel protective
equipment is defective and thus will result in thousands of casualties with
use of weapons of mass destruction by any U.S. coalition or potential and so
called enemy forces;"

"WHEREAS the Persian Gulf Region is already a toxic wasteland because
nuclear, chemical, and biological toxins dispersed during Gulf War I have
never been cleaned up; "

dr. doug rokke
major, medical service corps
u.s.a.r.
643-6205

References to support these three recommendations are available upon request.