[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Bio-Warfare and Terrorism [Francis Boyle]

Margaret E. Kosal nerdgirl at scs.uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 6 12:26:42 CST 2003

 From a local.  Includes a number of highly provocative assessments w/r/t
the US Biological Warfare Agents program.

One error, which has been promulgated, relates to the origin of the Ames
strain -- the strain of Bacillus anthracis used in the 2001 anthrax
letters.  The strain was isolated in Texas (dead cow there).  It was
shipped in a special container that the USDA supplies to veterinary
laboratories to USAMERIID, Ft Detrick MD.  It was named by a scientist at
USAMERIID. The container's return address was the USDA's National
Veterinary Services Laboratories in Ames, Iowa.

Namaste,
Margaret