[Peace-discuss] V.I.M. -- Very Important Meetings

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 8 09:21:30 CST 2003

I was asked to forward this to the Peace Discuss list.

Wednesday, Jan. 8 will be the first meeting of the Steering group at its
new time of 8pm.

It is very important that all working groups of the UC IMC send at least
one spoke to attend Steering group meetings. This simply hasn't been
happening, for a variety of reasons. The change in meeting time is
intended to make it easier for spokespeople from every group to attend.

Individual members of the IMC are also strongly urged to attend and
participate, along with interested members of the public.

The next few months of the IMC's history are very important. We will
either raise enough money to be able to buy a building...or we will have
to re-examine nearly everything we have come to build, know, and love
about our IMC. It will take the efforts of a whole room full of people,
on a sustained basis for the next six months, like the group that
founded this IMC more than two years ago, to be able to accomplish this
goal of making the IMC a very permanent part of our community.

In recent days, we have seen the loss of the Cityview, which offers both
a lesson and an opportunity for the IMC. The effects of such a loss on
our community point out just how precious a resource the IMC is. Buying
a home for the IMC will both put it on a solid foundation for years to
come and it will build the sort of institution that can take the loss of
the Cityview and turn it into an opportunity for our community to take
back -- and hold onto -- the media.

Please join us every Wednesday evening at 8pm to build community media
at the IMC by attending the Steering group meeting or getting involved
in the many other groups that make up the UC IMC.

For further information on what you can do to become the media, contact
our working <groups:
http://www.ucimc.org/info/display/_contact/index.php>