[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Bravo to Ryan

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Sun Jan 12 12:34:36 CST 2003

The problem is not "racism",  the problem when it exists is human limitations
on analysis of facts presented in trials and technical aspects that are
independent of actual guilt. That requires careful review. For most cases
murders are witnessed so who did it is not the problem. It is the other
nonsense that goes along with a trial. When most of  the criminals come from
a certain group then they will be tried and convicted of crimes in proportion
to their participation in crimes.    What you learn in law enforcement or
corrections is that everyone is innocent even if they were caught with
smoking gun or bloody knife in their hand.  Racism has nothing to do with
committing a crime or being tried.  Who kills, rapes, robs, etc is not part
of any "racist plot" by police or courts.

As to commuting sentences, if you, move these violent criminals (and make no
mistake about reality 99% of these on death row are violent and always will
be violent)  into general prison population, rapes, murders, knifings etc.
will occur as they do now.  So what do you do then with  these violent
prisoners who have nothing to control them or stop them from future acts.  Do
I support the death penalty? Absolutely! But it has nothing to do with racism
it only deals with convicted criminals who are violent an always will be
violent being punished and so we can stop the release of these violent
killers, rapists, etc.    We have violent convicted murders who did it
without any doubt such as the cold killers who murdered the Ehler boy north
of C-U during a robbery.