[Peace-discuss] How To Make Banners

Barbara Dyskant bdyskant at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 12 22:51:37 CST 2003

Hi,

I feel silly about this but could use some help --  our new coalition here
needs some banners for Washington and after, and it looks like we don't
have a lot of artists.    I'll be working on the banners tomorrow or
Tuesday with whoever else volunteers.  I have to admit that although I've
carried banners I haven't made them before.

My question-- does anyone out there know what kind of paint,  fabric,
brushes, markers (or tape) etc., could be used to make a nice big banner
that would be relatively weatherproof and also easy to read?     (Also,
what's the best way to fasten the banner to the poles).   I'd love to hear
any technique people might know on banners/signs. .

Thanks all.  I hope to see some of you in Washington.

Barbara
(who moved from Champaign to Olean, NY)