[Peace-discuss] Fwd:[ANSWER]: Your HELP is NEEDED / UPDATE on Jan. 18 Nat'l

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Wed Jan 15 06:07:54 CST 2003

Your HELP is NEEDED / UPDATE on Jan. 18 Nat'l March

There are now buses, vans and car caravans traveling from  over 200 cities in over 45 states to be in Washington DC  and San Francisco on January 18.  Groups are traveling
from as far South as Texas and Florida, as far north as  North Dakota, Minnesota and Maine, from every state on the  East Coast, and from all over the West Coast, to be in
Washington DC.

The January 18 National March in Washington DC to Stop the  War on Iraq Before it Starts will begin at 11 am at 3rd
St. on the Mall, which is on the West side of the Capitol
Building. We will rally and then march to the Washington
Navy Yard.

FOR BUSES TO DC & SF go to:
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/j18/j18contacts.html

FOR ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS (bus drop off & pick up,  bus/car/van parking, directions, metro maps, etc.) go to: http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/j18/logistics.html  or call our Washington DC office at 202-544-3389

***************

HUNDREDS OF VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED in many different areas  to help make the January 18 National March in Washington  DC a success!

Below are detailed descriptions of how you can help out.
 Please email dc at internationalanswer.org or call
202-544-3389 and let us know when you are available and  how you would like to help out!

** FRIDAY, JANUARY 17 **

We will be doing set up during the day and having a sign
making work session in the evening. Call us at 202-544-338  if are available during the day and we'll give you the
details.

** SATURDAY, JANUARY 18 **

VOLUNTEER AREAS & HOW TO GET PLUGGED IN

We are asking as many volunteers as possible to arrive  between 7 am and 8 am, as this is the time people from out  of town will begin arriving. If you can not arrive early,
there will be Volunteer Sign-In tables in prominent
locations -- including a main table visible from 3rd St.
where buses will be dropping off -- where Volunteers
should check in throughout the day in order to be assigned  to specific tasks.

Below are detailed descriptions of some areas.  You can  learn more about these and other areas by calling us at
202-544-3389 or when you check in at the Volunteers Table  on January 18.

VOLUNTEER TASKS

__ Bus Greeting: From 7:00am- 12:00pm bus greeters are  responsible for orientating the buses coming in from out  of town. They will be working with experienced organizers  and will also be provided with instructions and materials  to distribute to the bus captains and passengers.

__ Medical Aid (if you are a trained healthcare worker
please call us at 202-544-3389)

__ Staff Tables (collecting signatures for the People's
Anti-War Referendum, distributing literature, etc.)

__ Literature Distribution

__ Sign-Ups for People's Anti-War Referendum

__ Handing Out Signs

__ Other:___________________

TAKE DOWN

A take down crew will be needed after the march beginning  at about 5 pm and going until about 8 pm at 3rd St. on the  Mall.

***************

DIRECTIONS

To the main rally site by metro:
Take the blue/orange line to Federal Center SW and walk  north, or take the green/yellow line to Archives Navy
Memorial and walk southeast.

To the main rally site by bus:
Since the metro does not begin running until 8 am on
Saturday, please check www.metroopensdoors.com for bus  lines/schedules. It is not hard to arrive by public
transportation at 7 am, or to drive and park in this area  at that hour.

To the main rally site by car:
Go to www.mapquest.com and enter "3rd St. and Madison Dr.  NW" as your destination (Madison Dr. runs through the
National Mall).

For details, links to ma