[Peace-discuss] email overload

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Thu Jan 16 21:36:12 CST 2003

I have to agree with Mr. Brussel, there's a lot of stories forwarded
here that I've already read, and it takes a while to find the items of
local interest.  I suggest using one group for article postings and
another group for discussion of local issues, announcements, organizing,
etc.

Ken

Ken Urban for Champaign City Council
"A progressive voice for Champaign"

web: http://www.kenurban.com
email: kenurban at kenurban.com
phone: (217) 356-7987
>>> Morton K.Brussel <brussel at staff.uiuc.edu> 01/16/03 19:35 PM >>>
I recently signed on to the Peace-discuss list, and have indeed been
inundated with messages, many of which I've seen elsewhere. I'd suggest
that aside from specific information of relevance to local activities,
the messages should be severely curtailed. Suggest that one look at the
commondreams.org or Zmag.org or ... websites for most of the good
stuff. Yes, some good commentary or news may be missed, but that is the
price for sanity. Also, I wouldn't single out ANSWER as a particular
hit. They've done an admirable job of organizing protest.

Mort Brussel
Preferred email: brussel at uiuc.edu

Morton K. Brussel
2003 George Huff Drive