[Peace-discuss] Evaluating the listserv

John Fettig jfettig at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 16 22:49:46 CST 2003

* Al Kagan <akagan at uiuc.edu>:
> Folks,
>
> I would like to address an old problem.  My e-mail volume is getting
> really out-of-hand again.  The volume of messages on Peace-Discuss
> seems to be growing dramatically, and I admit that I am part of the
> problem.  There are several kinds of messages on the list: forwarded
> articles, forwarded alerts,  AWARE business, and possibly others.
> What seems to be growing most is the category of forwarded articles.
> I am going to be more selective in what I forward, perhaps I will try
> to keep this to no more than one per day.

Al,
Since you seem to be filtering your spam using spamassasin, why not set
up a procmail filter to filter your Peace mail to a separate mailbox?
The following rules should catch just about everything.  I don't filter
on the keyword "Peace" in case somebody not on from the lists emails me
with that subject:

:0:
* ^To: .*peace at lists.groogroo.com
Peace

:0:
* ^Cc: .*groogroo.com
Peace

:0:
* ^To: .*groogroo.com
Peace

:0:
* ^Sender: .*lists.groogroo.com
Peace

Then every week, you can just delete the mailbox Peace.

John