[Peace-discuss] Peter Fitzgerald's visit

Patrick Bahls pbahls at math.uiuc.edu
Sun Jan 19 08:32:35 CST 2003

	Hello All,

	I agree with Robert that we should try to make a strong showing
at Fitzgerald's Town Hall meeting in a few weeks, but I believe it might
be more constructive to attempt to have a reasoned discussion with him
regarding the Iraq crisis, especially concerning efforts being undertaken
by various members of Congress to repeal the "new War Powers
Act".  Who knows? Perhaps with sufficiently great numbers there, we can
make him aware that there *is* a strong opposition to military
action...especially if we are able to outnumber any pro-war voices that
may attend the meeting.

	Patrick Bahls

------
Patrick Bahls, VIGRE Research Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics
------